Monday, August 11, 2014

In the past

History is not my friend and I dislike it. However, I knew that there’s a part, which was about arranged-marriage by parents. A couple who separated because the husband doesn’t want to involve in the military and he ran to another country. The wife and son remained in the homeland. The wife later on adopted another girl as daughter. She taught the girl so that in the future she can become a good housewife. When it is the time for the son to get married, this mother asked the son to married her daughter, which is her non-biological sister. Someone whom he plays and grows with will soon become his wife.

Would you able to marry your own siblings? You never been told that the sister being adopted is to be your future wife. Could you accept it? I know it is no wrong because biologically there are not related. In the past, people would be so obedient and not even dare to go against the will of those who is in authority. Only ‘yes’ is allowed.

On the other hand, what’s the feeling of the daughter? First, she might thought finally she has someone who adopt her and at least she has a family. But, who knows actually this adoption has another purpose behind it? Second, in her thoughts it might be a way of repaying the grace of the “mother”.

I am quite thankful that I am living in this era as I will not being forced to married someone that I have no feeling or love for.

No comments:

Post a Comment